Nothing is superimposed- this is magical Moscow; honestly one of the most beautiful cities in the world . What a perfect night. What beautiful friends.
I’m so grateful.
These notes serve as little bread crumbs; reminders for next time.
A day on foot, 14 kilometers, starting and finishing in the 15th- wear comfortable shoes!
1. Breakfast in Jardin Champ de Mars, beneath the Eiffel Tower : Coffee, Poilane baguette, salted Beurre d’Isigny’ butter and jam.
2. The Jardin du Luxembourg, in the 6th. The former palace of Marie de’ Medici, widow of King Henry IV of France; the perfect place to stroll and catch some sun.
3.Morning coffee at Notre Dame Cathedral.
4.Lunch at Florence Khan in the heart of the Marais- thanks to a hot tip from my mother, we visited this great Jewish deli. Their pastrami sandwiches are SO delicious. They do all the favorites like Schmaltzherring, Gehakte fish, and pepper caviar. Leave room for some cheesecake!
5. My favorite home wares store in Paris- Merci. We bought a great pair of generic reading glasses for Jase by See Concept, and only €35!
6. A squirt of perfume to freshen up at Le Labo, St Germaine. Nothing beats their Bergamot! http://lelabofragrances.com/us_en/locations
7. Afternoon drink, just for Hemingway’s sake, and because we needed to sit out a thunderstorm, at Café de Flore. Don’t expect the need to leave a tip.
8. Dinner at the Auberge Bressane. Fantastic little traditional bistro; soufflés as light as air, great bistro classics and super service.